WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Urgently needed Hamilton 1969 Hamilton GG-W-113 The Military Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
I have a customer that [claimed they] sent me his fathers military watch that the wore during Vietnam, the watch arrived and was immediately obvious it was a fake, of course I questioned this as there where a lot watches for sale there which were fake so could have been the family heirloom full of sentimental value that he sent. After a good conversation the truth outs, that his father gave him the watch that he carried through that period and many years after, within 24hrs of getting the family hierloom his wife accidently threw it in the trash. They bought a watch on Ebay that they sent to me for restoration it's a old automatic movement and in no way will pass muster. So my customer desperately needs to buy a correct original 1969 GG-W-113 mil Hamilton watch.

Can anyone help?

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Chris here is one for sell on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-HA...&hash=item2ead439bc6
Saw another on flea bay that is cheap with three days to go but not working the case is missing the fixed lugs that mite be cheap to get use the movement out of that one and put it in the one with the fake movement and hope that it can be service right to work.Also you can go to the MWR forum they have a PX and put a WTB a movemnt for a Hamilton GG-W-113 and see if some one has one.I bet they bought that off fleabay from Vietnam a lot of fake's comming out of there.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Veitnam-er...&hash=item19bc694ec1

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
In there panic buy on fleabay they got a Vietnam special, there is nothing salvageable even the dial has a double diamond Hamilton logo on it, the auto weight is engraved something like “Hamilton chronometer watch” to make it worse the curve of the writing does not follow to curve of the weight the case is as if it had been shaped with a wire buffing wheel then plated with zinc, I need to post some pictures of that also, the pictures above are what I would like to own, thanks for the link to MWR looks like it may be a good place to ask will go and post.
Thanks again Mike

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Mike, good news a guy on MWR had one in great condtion and price, so problem solved.

Thanks again

Chris