• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Laco Beobachteruhr "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here´s a huge Laco Beobachteruhr, built in 1941 and known as "B-Uhr" meaning observers watch. The watch was given out prior a bombing/observation flight by the German Luftwaffe and had to be handed back in on return.
The watch has a diameter of 55mm, with a big onion crown and was worn over the flight overall (some people say, even over the knee).
The long leather strap was double riveted for safety.
There were two types of dial, Baumuster A and Baumuster B. Baumuster A had no inner chapter ring, so easily identified.
On the side of the watch was an engraving "FL 23883" identifying the watch as a navigational aid. Each watch was extensivly tested by the
Prüfinstitut des RLM (Reichsluftfahrt Ministerium)
-testing laboratory of the RLM (Reich Air Ministry) and after passing, was stamped as such on the opposite side of the crown. The watch had a hacking device, meaning the seconds could be stopped and the watch syncronised.
The movement was a Durowe D5 and was marked with a number that repeated on the inside and outside of the back casing.

Here are a few original pictures of the watch as it was used and a few pictures of my watch.

size comparison

A well known envoy of the B-Uhr

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Werner nice watch.I have all way's liked those B-Uhr.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Very nice watches Werner. I’ve heard that the “Governator” has a large watch collection. The two or three times i’ve been close enough to him to notice he was wearing Rolex.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Hi, thanks for the compliments. I consider my collection as fairly big, with one difference to Arnies...I had to pay for mine by the skin of my teeth, whereas he would just have to look at a watch and it would be presented to him, honoured by the fact he is a wearing their watch.

posted
That’s very true.
I once worked a security detail for ex boxing champion Sugar Ray Leonard. Once, while shopping he walks into a Jewelry store in West Los Angeles and buys 6 Rolex Submariners for his staff at Christmas time, Paying cash no less, was like a tiny drop in a very large bucket for him...

And no, I wasnt part of his staff, just the temporary hired help.. DRATS..

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
quote:
And no, I wasnt part of his staff, just the temporary hired help.. DRATS..

that should have been good enough for at least an Omega Big Grin

Nice anecdote Ray, thanks for letting us in on the story!