Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Is this wristwatch ... Real or Not? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
did westclox make an army issue ww?

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
I cannot tell much about the watch in the photo you posted as I cannot see much detail on my screen - can you please slide it off the wrist strap and provide sharp and clear close-ups of the back and the markings there, along with a close-up of the dial?

Westclox was one of many makers of US Army wristwatches during the Vietnam war era. They made watches under the MIL-W-46374A specifications and contract that was issued in 1970. They had olive green plastic cases and were made inexpensively so they would be disposable when they broke rather than repaired.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
posted
Jim I will have the watch delived to me tue/wed next week. I do know of the plastic vietman produced WW for the army. once i get this in i will post more photos. The seller said there was DOD marking in the back of the ww.

posted
marking on the ww;
Westclox 75071
fsn 6645 089 72373
DAAA25-S8-C-9078
Dated Dec 1969

posted
Here is what a real one looks like Westclox

I have read that the ones marked 75071 may not be not be real and are being produced in Vietnam to fool overly eager buyers. Did you buy yours from a seller in Vietnam? Do you have a photo of the movement inside?

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
posted
Jim I will have the watch on tuesday, the seller is guy here in oz, he buys from a guy whom he has bought many of them from. will know on tuesday hey, if its fake, i know i will get a refund, he has stated it is original

posted
Well I have information that stated if they are marked made is DEC, they are fake. The models market Mil 75092 or 75081 are real and have seiko movements.. any thing else is fake.. thanks Jim, I have contact the dealer and sending it back. so he can return them... Francis

posted
This item arrived today. i will keep it and wear it why not? hey it not ever day u get a genuine FAKE. thanks for your input Jim.