Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

R.A.F Clock On Ebay "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello all, 44mins to go, item# 6564160646, Reserve not met. It's very similar to the one I have. Interesting, in as much it must be a valuation for my one. Regards to all ,Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Sold for 430 GBP. It looks like a rather expensive example of a desireable clock. You made a good investment, Ged.

Are the hands on that eBay clock correct? Not a big deal, it would be easy enough to correct, but one does like to know.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Greg or Ged, could you post a picture of this clock?
I would be interested in seeing it. Smile

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Greg' Well spotted, Those hands are correct for a later model. I may have told you before ,I once bought 16 various RAF Clocks in one lot, Those hands were on the later models and could have been fitted if that ebay clock had been back to the repair workshop. My brother-in-law's widow has one of the later models in a light Oak veneer case with those hands that I sold him for £9 in approx 1971. I have a pair of those hands I was going to put on my clock but decided not to for the sake of keeping it "ORIGINAL". I will seek them out and post a pic'. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003