WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

German Forces watches and chronometers / Vebeg list of auction results "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 478
posted
Hallo friends of German military watches, clocks and chronometers,
see here the results of the last Vebeg auction on Apr. 23d 2013!
- Impressingly low are the prices for the box chronometers, especially the Ditisheim Geneve (Solvil). The Ditisheim are normally sold in international auctions around 20 to 30.000€!
These box chronometers were used in the artillery (Pershing II) for astronomical direction finding (true North, before GPS was common) together with the sidereal chronograph watches (Sternzeit) by Leonidas and Heuer and later Arctos and Tengler. (see pages of the manual ZDv 7/8, Truppenvermessungsdienst)
I did not bid, because I have all these items once, and thats enough for a collector, I dont want to become a dealer. I am very curious, how these run in future auctions, I think we will see them again!
- The Boccia/Tutima prices are ok, you never know wether they are running or need a movement or pusher change.
- Some ships clocks and stop watches...

. Gruesse/Regards/Salute Konrad Knirim
PS: Have a look at my books on Military Timepieces:
. http://www.knirim.de

Posts: 85 | Location: Duesseldorf Germany | Registered: March 08, 2005