WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rotherhams silver broad arrow R.A. Royal Artillery marked watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
any information on this watch will be received with thanks,Tom
Konrad Knirim was kind enough to inform me it is a WW1 Royal Artillery watch as illustrated in his magnificent book on British Military watches.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1550
posted
What a fantastic piece Tom, wish it were mine. Frown

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Konrad knirim Smile verified it as WW1 Royal Artillery similar to one in his book ,but mine is far nicer Big Grin

posted
Beautiful piece Tom, confirmed by the almighty, what could be better than that? That´s what I´d call a nice find.

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Nice find, Tom. Great images as well.

The example in Konrad's book BRITISH MILITARY TIMEPIECES is on page 279. The one in the book is # C41713.

While the keywind continued to be popular in England long after the introduction of the stemwind, it's strange to see keywind watches purchased by the military as late as 1914-18. I have to wonder if they were first issued many years before and still in service through WWI? Anyway, it's a super nice watch.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002