Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Clock Accidents. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello again, Have you OLE BOYS read my post on the GB?. If I knew how I would move it over here and start a thread on our site. You wont be able to match my post though, OR will you?. Regards , Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Here is the thread, look on page 2 at the bottom.

Bell tower.

Andy Eek

Ely Cathedral 

Ely Cathedral

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Thanks for that Andy, The Turret with the hour bell in is the one on the left at the very top of the West Tower, Above that is a Weather-vane which I made and fitted. You can't see it in the picture.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
posted
It was a very interesting thread. I even posted a reply, my first one on the GB. All the stories about clock accidents have made me some what hesistant to try and fix a clock. I figure I better learn what to do before I start fooling around.

Richard

Posts: 26 | Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Great story Ged. The best part of it is that you are still here to tell it.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Good story ged, it must have been a scary experience, not something you would want to repaet.Thank God no one was hurt or worse.