Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Chelsea Navy Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1613
posted
I got this in some stuff I bought yesterday..Can someone tell me a little about it..

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
pic 2

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
pic 3

IHC Member 1613
posted
pic 4

IHC Member 1016
posted
I have one in Bakelite rather than brass. Brass got scarce during the big one. These were used as clocks in smaller boats, like PT boats, if my information is correct. I'd also guess any Navy vessel not deemed a ship. I'm jealous 'cause yours is prettier. The brass is desirable in my opinion. These were mounted on a bulkhead with a flange that has a hinge so they can be swung open to wind and set on the back. I suppose to keep them more water resistant.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
This one went on a Liberty Ship early in the War that was built in Portland. Sadly I don't know which one. I wrote to Chelsea and they have the original sale to a builder in Portland. This is time only, like the boat clocks only larger, and still keeps good time.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
This one is bigger yet.

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
nice collection you got there Mike.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011