Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

French Statue Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A few photos of a French Clock follow.
The clock came in for repair and the owner asked me if I could find anything about the clock. Mr. John Woolsey has been kind enough to respond in the clock repair section that the retailer, while in France, is near the border with Germany. The total height is approximately 25 inches and the clock case is made from slate and some cast metal.

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
The movement has a broken main spring or broken spring end on the time train (spring barrel). As I was examining the movement, I noticed that it had a rack, but no snail. It strikes on the hour and half on a cup bell attached to a bell stand on the rear plate. The strike actuating sequence is the same as any “normal” clock, except the rack falls against one of six pegs in the wheel linked to the hour wheel. This wheel rotates once in three days. Is there a name for this strike assembly? The rear of the movement is stamped “Rainco, Freres, Paris.”

posted
The clock dial is marked “Pernet A Nancy.”

posted
I would appreciate knowing anything of consequence, like the theme of the statue, etc.

posted
The dial and bezel.