Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ansonia 'What?' "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...managed to acquire this black-enamelled cast iron Ansonia clock this weekend and wonder if someone, perhaps w/Duy Ly's reference, could apprise me of the model name, and whatever other info' 'bout it...thanks! Confused

Jim, I resized the picture for scrolless viewing.

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
This is on page 270 of Tran's Ansonia book. It is called the "Imogene" and is dated 1886. The one in the book is shown with visible escapement, but was offered both ways. The '99 price guide puts the one in the book at $385.00. They usually run a bit less for one without the visible escapement.

Very nice clock!!

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...thanks Tom...much appreciate the info!!! Smile...btw: what is the best image size for the board?...

Jim
IHC#234

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Max size for the board, to prevent everything scrolling, is 640 width. Length is not important to the scrolling issue, other than scrollint down on a very long picture.

That is a nice clock. Is she running or is that one of your projects?

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...Tom...she's running but needs a cleaning...hands need replacing as does bezel glass...seems there is no time for clock restoration these days what w/all the watch work Smile...am afraid she's destined for eBay...thanks for the image limits...will watch it in the future...thanks again...

Jim
IHC#234

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
No problem resizing an image if needed. did you mean to say that watch work was higher on your list of priorities than CLOCK WORK???? Eek

Confused I'm just trying to imagine that.......... no..............not yet........ Roll Eyes Oh!....wait a minute....I've been there lately. Just doesn't seem natural! Big Grin Big GrinBig Grin

Tom