• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Dr. Bundens and wife, Dorothy...many years ago "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Dr. Bundens was a member of Chapter 93 (disbanded), we met monthly in Cherry Hill, N.J.
He was past President of the NAWCC as well as President of Chapter #1.

As a surgeon, Dr. Bundens freely devoted much of his time and skill to the Shriner's Hospital, near my home, where he surgically operated on disabled children. He would occasionally come to my home and buy some of my horological findings.

At one time, I had a yearly Crane Wall Clock he craved. It was wound only once a year, I sold it to him among other desirable carriage clocks and pocket watches.

Dr. Bundens donated much horological material to the NAWCC museum.

Pictured are Dr. Bundens and wife Dorothy at a Chapter 93 meeting. She was picking out a ticket for the 50-50. I took pictures monthly and with appropriate slides that I printed and photographed created a year's worth of slide show meetings for the Chapter.

They both passed away far too early in life. It's too bad we lose such wonderful people who reflected only goodness and comfort to others.

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Hi Daniel,
Do you know what ever happened to the Crane clock? Do you have any pictures of it? It is one of my quests, hopefully someone will make a reproduction one day. I was looking at an Architectural Digest type of magazing from about 1960 showing a modern house, but there was a Crane torsion clock above the fireplace. Wonder if it is still around?

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
I would have no way of knowing whatever happened to the clock.

I do know his son (Richard?) put a lot of his items on the auction block.

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006