Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

TRIP TO LOCAL CLOCK SHOP. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello All, I have to stay away from this place as much as I can, or I could be tempted to make yet another purchase. The owner by his own admission has too much stock,and nobody is buying,he says It's the time of the year holidays etc. He's a good salesman and reckons Clocks are the best place to put money, beating the banks and shares market.
Amount of stock, inc' all over the floors prevented me from getting pictures to justify the true visitor experience. Ged. Pic'1.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
View 2, Mind blowing experience, too much to take in.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
View 3, Same room.

LOCAL CLOCK SHOP

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Last One, as Mc Arthur said "I will return." Thanks for your patience and interest, personally I never get fed up with looking, Ijust need to win the Lottery.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

WOW, JUST WOW!!!

What a selection, how many do you suppose there are? Just about anything you could imagine.

When are you heading back?

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Does he have any torsion pendulum clocks? Is the statue clock (man with clock in his belly) original or repro?

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Ged, if i came with you to that clock shop, you would have a hard time getting me out.I would love to spend a day there.Thanks for sharing the great pictures, and a big WOW from me. Smile

Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Directly under the middle of the propeller, there is a tiny regulator. Can you tell me about it, how much???? New or old?

Which clock are you interested in, the one with the sign reading "It's how much???" Big Grin

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Ged,
Your description of the clock shop in the CAT/RT was not an exaggeration!! Wow! I would be in real trouble if I lived there! Thanks for the pictures. They are going to take several views and close examinations!
I like the "Its How much!" sign. I had one in my tool box with the same characters, but the wording was "You want it when??"

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
Very impressive!!

I have a customer who's home looks like that! Although his clocks are not as nice looking. There are three people(himself,wife and son) living there. There is a path just wide enough to walk through(you sometimes have to step over a clock or two). Every counter,table, shelf is full, even in the bathroom. I like clocks but could not live like that.

He does keep me busy, so I don't mind too much!

Greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello, I don't know if this will get there as i'm hving dire problems with my PC, I think fault /faults are with AOL 9.
Firstly, thanks for interest in my Clock Shop visit, Andy I remember 2 400 day clocks, one had Disc pendulum other had 4 ball type, one had small square face,can't remember which though. The figure with clock in belly is I'm pretty sure old, When I next visit I will ask all your questions for you, It'll probably be next week sometime, It's only 4miles from me but once I get there I forget the time and get in all sorts of hassle at home. Small Regulator under Prop' is old, will check price on visit.
This place has a second floor, Its actually an old house, Iv'e lived here 13years and in that time made hundreds of visits and never been upstairs,I have looked up the stair-way blocked with clocks and parts on every step.
The owner Keith Lawson told me he has over 1000 clocks, and drives a Rolls-Royce, Numberplate is MR TIC. Do you want to see a pic' of it?. Ged.

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
There are two ways to collect one is to buy everything that comes along the pike (the mistake most of us do when first "discover clocks") or buy fewer but rarer clocks.The best private collection I know of has only 50 clocks. At one time Mr. C. had over 3000 clocks!!! He sold clocks off in 4 years about 25 years ago and went for quality. The question should be are you a collector or a hoarder?The pictures show a lot of interesting but run of the mill clocks. Would one or two Knibb brackets or other rare clocks be better? What is the better investment? Remember so many clocks so little time.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Doug,This guy doesn't collect clocks,theyr'e all for sale with only one or two exceptions. He tells me he tries to cater for all pockets, there's a lot of people out there with a little bit of cash but not too many with a big wedge.
His prices range from about £100 to £8, £10,000.
Regards, Ged.

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello All, Keith at the Clock Shop must be doing something right, His car,

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pic' 2, Sorry about poor Photos ,I couldn't get back far enough to get car in frame, The shop wasn't open to allow me in , I had to take pic's through fence. Regards, Ged.

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...Hello Ged...great to have so much 'eye candy' w/in a short drive...love those gallery clocks...wonder if he sells on eBay?...thanks...

Jim
IHC#234

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Reminds me of a shop near me..

http://www.northsideclocks.com

Regards. Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002