Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Clock auction in PA "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
I just saw this listed, an auction April 26 in Greencastle, PA. It has 400 clocks. There is a listing on their website, scroll down a little to the clocks. Looks like a few nice ones, plus books, Bulletins, and other things at the auction.

I'd be interested to find out what the clock in the bottom row center is. Big Grin
I also just noticed the mirror image "rotalugeR" behind it. Cool

http://www.hurleyauctions.com/frm_calendar.htm

Andy

So many clocks, so little time.

hurley auction

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Thats a "barber shop" clock.Meant to be seen in a mirror.
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
posted
Andy, I believe you are talking about the Hills & Goodrich internal column OG clock. It has the Ives movement. The dial is missing of course and they have very odd weights. The dial would be virtually impossible to find but one might be able to make. It has a lip that fits over the brass movement housing and pinned in place. Neat clocks.

Derek

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Derek,
I remember seeing pictures of that before. I don't have many clock books, maybe it was in an article in the Bulletin. Do you remember seeing a book or article about them? Any guesses on what it will bring? I'm not bidding.

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Andy, I didn't see your latest post until today. You see these clocks occassionally. I just sold one that I had restored with a fair/poor label at the Southern Ohio mart for a $1000. Horton had one go for $2850 recently and Cottone's had a couple in the 800-1200 range in a recent auction. I would have asked more for the one I had, but it had a new tablet, dial repainted and the columns regilded. The fellow who bought it didn't ask any questions but snapped it up (I probably priced it too cheap but had my eyes on a couple other clocks that weekend so it worked out well for everyone concerned). I bought a near perfect one in nearly original condition recently and decided to part with the one I had restored. These are really neat clocks, the movements are Ives' design and really cool. I'll try and dig up some info for you on these. I wish I had taken a pic of the movement for comparision purposes but sadly I didn't. Here's an image of the clock I sold.

Hills-Goodrich

posted
I'd be curious what the Eureka and the Fred Frick brought? I have a Frick but would add a mate or two too it. I would assume the Eureka brought a dollar or two (those of you not familiar with a Eurekas or Fricks, they are the two clocks immediately to the left of the Hills-Goodrich internal column clock which is the one without the dial in Andy's post). Looks like they had a few nice clocks in this auction.