• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Matching Face and Pendulum "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
In another thread Tom Seymour mentioned how much he liked matching face and pendulums. I also like them. I only have one photographed which I am posting. The clock is a Fredrick Mauthe that I have had about 35 years. Here's the clock . A close-up of face and bob follows. Lets see more.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
posted
Detailed View.

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Very nice example. I don't have any examples of these. I usually find them on German clocks, and my collection is nearly all American. I have, however, noticed a nice example at my friend's shop. I will try to get a picture of that before it goes back to the customer.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Here is my other clock with matching face, pendulum bob and weight shells.
It has an Urgos movement, 8 rod, bim bam 1/2 hour and hour strike. Both the movement and the gong base are signed "Urgos" in script. The movememnt has a serial number which, I have been told, indicates it was pre WW II. I guess that makes an Urgos tall case clock. Has anyone seen another one like it?

Joe

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Vienna Circa 1850

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Vienna

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
3 whgt

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Great clock doug.

Here is another one that has matching weights, pendulum bob and dial. A very pretty Vienna three weight. This beauty belongs to my friend Norm.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The dial.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The weights and pendulum bob.

Tom

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Like the basket weave looks nice. Doug barr

Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
As long as your all getting fancy Wink...Here's the Colonial that I worked on a few weeks ago.

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Pass on my compliments to your wife and the great job she did on the cake.

Now... if she could install a battery movment in the top of that cake.... maybe it would keep batter time than.....

Tom

posted
I want to thank Tom for, unknowingly, prompting this post. My two clocks pale in comparison to some that have been posted but I am very happy to see such craftsmanship. Hopefully there will be more "eye candy" posted. Thanks to all who have or will contribute.

Joe