Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Made in Occupied Japan "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Wonder if anyone could identify the manufacture of this clock? Its marked on the dial "made in Occupied Japan", and has this symbol on the dial. There is no markings on the movement. Thanks

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Smile Picture of the full clock.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Wayne, i have looked in a few sources of clock trademarks that I have, and no luck yet.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Tom, thanks much for looking.....

posted
Movement picture.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
That looks like a Japanese copy of an ansonia movement. I know they copied the Ingraham movement to the point where you could interchange parts betweent the two.

Still poking around for the logo.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
I just saw a similar clock marked Occupied Japan on the dial, made by Meiji. It had Meiji on the dial where the one above has the horse symbol. I didn't see the horse symbol on this one, and I wasn't able to look at the movement. Anyone have information on Meiji to see if the one above might have been made by them?

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Hi, The horse over the globe trademark was used by Owari, Nagoya, Japan.

Meiji Clock Making Co. of Japan used a diamond shaped logo with clipped corners and MC and the word Trademark.

HTH,
Marilyn

Posts: 17 | Location: Liberty, Mississippi U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2004
posted
Marilyn,
Thanks for the information about the the globe trademark was used by Owari, Nagoya, Japan.

posted
Hi Wayne,

I'm not sure if this helps but I was given a very similar looking clock to yours a few days ago. In addition to the 'horse' emblem, mine has the name OWARITOKE painted on its 7" dial. It also has 'Made In Japan' in very small print right at the bottom of the dial beneath the figure 6. At its maximum the case measures 22" x 10".

Regards,

Anthony

Posts: 15 | Location: Buckingham, Bucks, United Kingdom | Registered: December 18, 2005
posted
Anthony,
Thanks for the information.....this clock was found at a flea market in southern Kansas...