Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gilbert clock "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Need some help please. Bought my first clock at the Orlando show. It is really nice. I have two simple questions for you watch experts. What is the correct way to set the time and how often should I wind the clock?

Tony Dukes

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Tony,
What kind of clock is it? If it is electric, that is one thing. If it is an eight day, then wind once a week. If it is a 30 hour, then wind it once a day.

If it the traditional spring or weight driven movement and has a strike, then do NOT set by moving the hands backward. If it is a time only, then set the hands by moving them to the correct time. The minute hand will move the going train, the hour hand is friction fit over the center post and will not affect the mechanism. Be careful not to bend the hands.

Can we see a picture of your new treasure?

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002