Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

FUSEE Cuckoo "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
An interesting clock appeared at my friend Norm's shop. It is a gorgeous fusee cuckoo. Ssetting and lighting are not ideal, but I think you can get the idea.

I thought you might enjoy seeing it also.

Tom

fusee cuckoo

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The movement

Tom

cuckmvt.jpg

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Movement - side view

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Details of the case.

Any others examples of fine cuckoos would be very welcome here!!

Tom

Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
Tom

one of my three clock goals is to own a Cuckoo of this caliber...thanks for posting ..I hope to see more!

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
posted
Thanks Tom for the pictures, i did not know there were fusee cuckoos, i learn something new every day.
It must be quite old, looks it to me. Smile

Picture of Justin J. Miller
posted
Here is a fantastic BEHA 8 day Double Fusee cuckoo, picked it up at the Mountain regional a few years back, was a nice "sleeper".

Nice Gothic case

Posts: 44 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: February 11, 2005
posted
I had seen a few shelf cuckoos at the Barathy auction last year. I really wanted one too, but alas I was unemployed at the time. Seems like some were made by American Cuckoo Clock and had American 'kitchen" clock movements in them. Many sold for around $400-600 not running. I'll keep looking! Great pix. Thanks for a look.

Posts: 179 | Location: Charlotte, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2004