Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

West Coast Clock Museum featured on A&E Network "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 162
posted
West Coast Clock Museum featured on A&E Network

History Channel filmed a "MODERN MARVELS" documentary at the West Coast Clock Museum. The hour-long program entitled "BEDROOM TECH" is scheduled to air on July 13th. Check your local network for viewing times.

The opening segment will focus on the evolutionary history of the modern day alarm clock and how it relates to changing technology in the bedroom.

Members from NAWCC Chapter 180 and the Alarm Clock Chapter contributed to this effort. Viewers will be able to see some very unique alarm timepieces including a rare and completely functional mid-19th century French automaton self-igniting alarm clock.

Thanks to all the members that made this program possible. Be sure to tune-in to A&E on July 13.

Jim Bland
Director of Marketing & Media Relations
NAWCC, Inc.
National Watch & Clock Museum
514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512
717-684-8261 ext 227
717-684-0878 fax
jbland@nawcc.org
www.nawcc.org

Posts: 22 | Location: Mountville, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 09, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Jim,
Sorry I missed this one, but it's coming back on, and I already saved it.

It will be back on here, on the East Coast:

Tuesday, September 18
01:00 PM

Tuesday, September 18
07:00 PM

You may want to find out when it's on in your area too.

Thanks again,

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
I kept checking the History Channel schedule on DirecTV satellite service for several days in mid-July beginning on the 13th and never found any listing for the program; there were many programs with 'Modern Marvels' as titles, but not one about alarm clocks. The series runs on other channels affiliated with History Channel as well. Hope to find it this time.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
John,
I had to look under History Channel, Modern Marvels, and then Bedroom Tech to find it.

Make sure you name it BEDROOM TECH that's the heading on the History Channel. It may help.

Oh, and you can get it on DVD too!

Good Luck

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004