Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elliot of London. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
My Nine Tube case is showing signs that central heating may not agree with it. Any ideas?, Would a wipe over with Teak Oil help it or should I just use Furniture polish as usual. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pic'2 of 4.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pic'3.

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Last One, Thanks for your patience. Ged.

posted
Ged,
A humidifier in the room might help.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello John, Humidity in England is generally not a problem, Our heating is off for the season now and the humidity according to my American Meter is hovering around 45% in the house. I think with heating on a problem may exist, but I really want advice or an opinion of the merits of Teak Oil versus Wax Polish. Regards, Ged.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I would use a good feeder wax.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Is the sun shinning on the case? This was the era of new types of adhesives being used rather then the messy(smelly to) hide type glue that has proved to much better at controlling warpage as the decades progress. . The base wood shrinkes differently then the veneer over time. You might consider taking it to a expert and see what they think. Putting oil over a wax surface is a waste of time. A good beeswax in turpertine is the best.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Doug, There is no Veneer, it is all solid Mahogany inlaid with elaborate Marquetry patterns scrolls and a basket of flowers on the base. Regards, Ged.