Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Recommendation for Outdoor "Street Clock" "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi folks:
I am looking for a Christmas gift "street clock"--hopefully incorporating a large thermometer.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks
Pattye

Posts: 119 | Location: Lookout Mountain, Georgia U.S.A. | Registered: October 14, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Pattye,
There have been a couple of these discussed in earlier threads. The links are below. I believe that Cosco had one last year with a thermometer. Good luck! Let us know if you find one.

street clock thread one

street clock thread two

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks, Tom!

Surely like your Howard Miller. My husband wants a large thermometer and I want a clock so hope to find an example incorporating both.

I will pursue all the links.

Pattye

Posts: 119 | Location: Lookout Mountain, Georgia U.S.A. | Registered: October 14, 2004
posted
Kinda late in reply, but if you still need street clock, try Seth Thomas web site. If unable, let me know as I have their catalog and it lists what you describe.
Best luck, Bill Buss

Bill Buss

Posts: 10 | Location: Ocala, Florida USA | Registered: April 01, 2005
posted
hi there,

Or you can make your own. Took an old San Pedro Street light, mounted half a split rim between the light stand and top of the pole, inserted an 18 inch simplex electric clock, used a half ton of cement, put a lightning rod ground in the cement. I think it looks awesome and the neighbors love it!

http://williamkapp.fortunecity.com/id20.htm

happy hunting,

Bill Kapp

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004