Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

JAMES WALKER LTD LONDON "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of David A. Garas
posted
I am looking for more information on a clock I have. On top of the dial it says JAMES WALKER LTD and on the bottom LONDON. I have done searches on different search engines and can not find any information about this maker. I would appreciate any information on this maker.

Posts: 54 | Location: Rockford, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: October 02, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
What information were you looking for. You probably know it is a chiming clock. It appears to play a few tunes.

I don't have any information on the maker. Doug Barr and others are more familiar with the english clocks.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hi, I would like to see more Pic's, But first impressions are that it could be German with English retailer's name on it. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
James Walker Ltd was a retailer of clocks betweeen the wars (1 and 2) in London. Address was 472 Oxford streeet in London. That part of London was destroyed during WWII if my history is correct. Currently a Vodatone Store at that app. address. Chances are the clock is German or Swiss. A picture of the movement would be helpful.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
posted
Thanks Ged that is what I am thinking too.

posted
Tom it plays the Westminster chime. I just have never heard of the name and wanted to get some history on it. I have owned it for about two years.
Regards, Dave

movement

posted
Thanks Douglas that is the kind of info I am looking for.