Internet Horology Club 185
Hamburg American Clock.

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/853108077

November 22, 2004, 09:37
Ged Pitchford
Hamburg American Clock.
Hello Again, Can anyone tell me anything about this clock?. #1, Age. #2, Is Number on label ser,# or model#. Wooden Case is in good shape, made to look like French style Marble Case. The value on our market is approx $175. Iv'e had it around 12 yrs and got it for pennies due to movement being in pieces in a plastic bag inside case,I gambled it was all there. Regards, Ged.

Hamburg American Clock

November 22, 2004, 09:39
Ged Pitchford
Rear view,

November 22, 2004, 09:40
Ged Pitchford
Inside Back Door.

November 22, 2004, 20:52
Tom Seymour
Ged,
I don't know a lot about these, but I did find a similar one HERE.

It is a very fine looking clock. I have a couple of those - pieces in the box - clocks waiting for my attention. I hope they turn out as nice as this one.

Tom
November 22, 2004, 21:59
Douglas Barr
Hamburg-American Clock company was Trade mark registered in 1892. The company was in business from 1882 to 1926.
November 23, 2004, 00:57
Ged Pitchford
Tom, The clock you found AD' for does look very similar, Price is a little too high for this kneck of the woods, That price is around twice what it would fetch here. I suppose what I really need is for someone with exact same clock to see if number on label is the same as mine and if it is then it would make it the model number. Thanks for dating info' Doug. PS, I may add a little sticker in the back with that dating info'. Regards to all, Ged.
By the way Tom, Did you mean you have a couple of H.A.C.'s To restore?. Smile
November 23, 2004, 09:34
Tom Seymour
Ged,
I would like a couple of HACs to restore, but unfortunately, mine are not. I would thik the number on the back is not a serial number. Serial numbers were generally not used on clocks. My guess is that it is a model or catalogue number.

Tom
September 19, 2007, 11:20
Ged Pitchford
Hello All, There is exact same HAC Clock in local auction tomorrow, I was tempted to leave a bid on it but SHE was looking over my shoulder and mentioned needing Oil in our heating supply tank. Oh well I didnt need another one, ( The Paper Label was missing inside rear door) Regards to All, Ged.