Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gog And Magog "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Mythological giants strike the quarter hours on this clock above Sir John Bennett's jewelry shop. It was originally constructed in London, England, and now resides in Greenfield Village. The clock chimes the quarter hours (Westminster) and strikes the hours. This is the place where the Henry Ford Museum is, a great place to wander around! It is several stories shorter than the original building.

Any other animated or figural public clocks to share?

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Gog and Magog

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Hello Tom,

Since you are showing off Michigan attractions - how about the Glockundspiel at Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth? I do not have any photographs..

Posts: 53 | Location: Grosse Pointe, Michigan USA | Registered: March 07, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Andy,
That is a good one. I don't have any pictures of it either, but next time I go I will take the camera.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
An update, or addition. Inside the Bennett Jewelry shop is this large glass sign.

Tom

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
"the two men on top drinking"? I see four characters holding pestal type mallets to hit the bells. Where are the drinkers? Confused

Regards! Michaelson

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
While they do look like they could be hoisting a pint in honor of..... they are actually as Mark described, and vent their frustration at not having a pint in hand, by banging on the bells each quarter hour.

Tom