Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Sessions Regulator Glass "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Good afternoon:
I have posted this on the green board as well, but thought I would double my chances by posting here too!
I know people will think I'm nuts to think that I may be able to find on of these, but here goes...
I purchased this clock and the top glass was shattered in shipping.
Does anyone know of a source for used clock parts where I might find an original replacement (don't laugh)?
Thank you in advance,
grant

Grant Perry

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Grant,

I'm assuming you would like to find the "wavy" glass and perhaps gold-leaf reverse painting.

On the glass, begin by checking with the various glass shops in your area. Clock collectors who are members of Land-Based Chapters 111 and 33 in your area might also be a good source of leads. The glass comes from windows saved from buildings that are being torn down or replaced with new energy efficient ones in very old homes. Some creative thinking no doubt will help with solving this one. Big Grin

If there is reverse-painted gold-leaf design work needed to complete the package a really good sign painter is an avenue worthy of exploration. That way you can end up with a thoroughly professional, smooth and original looking job. Another tip... if the artistic gold-leaf painting is required, first install the glass in the frame, then have the design work done before the door is re-installed on the clock.

Let's see if others have additional suggestions.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Thanks for the tip Lindell:
I do have some old glass that I can use, but I'm hoping that someone out there happens to have an original Sessions glass around looking for a home Smile
Take care,
gp

Grant Perry

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003