• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need info on this clock plz "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is new to me, the guy from down stair bought it up to me as every one knows i work on PW and WW, thou our family were clock makers in the 1900 I know nothing about clocks at all. It states "Canterbury" Made in Germany. one of the main shafts are broken, i am not prepared to pull it apart until i know that getting another part will be easy enough to get hold off. Any help from the PRO's would be grateful. Francis

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
front

posted
broken shaft

IHC Member 43
posted
Francis, It appears that the centershaft rear pinion has broken off the shaft and is lodged in the bushing. the movement appears very rusty. The movement will have to be taken apart, the rust removed, movement cleaned and the center shaft repivoted. Chances of finding a part for this movement are slim to none. Possibly with some diligent searching on ebay a replacement movement could be found. From the pix I cannot determine who originally made the movement.

Hope this helps,

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Curly thank you for that information, i thought as such to getting replacement parts would be a little hard to find. That is why i had not taken it apart and cleaned it. I will keep an eye out on ebay to see what is around on the market. it come out of a small mantle case. There was writing on the back. Thanks I appericate the input.

posted
You might contact "http://www.fendley-cox.com/"
I believe he could make you a new piece pretty reasonably.
Jim Allison

James F. Allison

Posts: 4 | Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 03, 2010