Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

atmos clocks "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
A friend of mine just found a Atmos clock that his Grandmother had in her home. The clock does not run long. The balance wheel will run it for about two hours on its own.I dont really know anything about that type of clock. Is there a site on the internet that I possibly could get some information for him as to why the clock won't run any longer. Any help appreciated,thanks

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Frank,

Here is Mike Murray's website which has a lot of information on these clocks. If it runs for two hours, then maybe it is just in need of cleaning.

Andy

Member of Chapters 168 and 185.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Thank's Andy, I will check the site you listed for any information. You may be right,about it just needing a cleaning.

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
Frank,
It is very easy to damage Atmos clocks. Do not try to take the minute hand off without a proper puller. If you try, a wheel breaks. I think it is the third wheel.
You do not want to know what a wheel costs!
Best regards,
Dick Feldman
Berthoud, Colorado

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Dick, at this point I am just surveying the clock. To tell you the truth,I don't think I have enough knowledge of the clock to start taking it apart. I would have to read a repair manual on that type of clock,for openers. Thanks for that tip about the third wheel breaking,if hands not taken off with the proper tool.

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz

posted
Well,the clock has gone back to it's owners along with Mike Murry's website address. Some work is better left to the people who specialize in that type of clock.

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz