Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

ANY IDEAS ON THE MAKE OF THIS CLOCK & MOVEMENT "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
There are no markings on the movement I can see.
The back of the case is marked
Pat. Mar 1, 92
Jan 25, 98
Sept 2, 02
Jan 5, 04
Feb 16, 04
The movement was badly bent when I got it, including the faceplate supports.
I have managed to get it fairly straight now & working, but I am certainly no clockmaker.
You can see the plate to the left of the mainspring barrel is stil slightly wowed, but it was 1/4" more out when I got it. Must have taken some knock as even all of the faceplate supports were buckled. Still, once straightened out as much as I have done, with some tweaking here & there, it is working again. Util I put it in the case, now it doesn't want to run. I guess something is squeezing it somewhere on the side.
I'll have to play with it some more when I get a chance.

For now, I am leaning towards Ansonia as the maker????

Maybe its a Timex (takes a lickin & keeps on tickin!) Wink

Roddy JB

Posts: 1382 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
If it were mine I'd take it apart and clean it. Its filthy and that could be the biggest problem.
Good luck.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
Yes, it is filthy. However, I am not a clockmaker, if I take it apart, I assure you, it won't work again. Smile I just actually got it ticking away just now in the case. It now is running fine & keeping great time despite needing a bath! I wish I had thought to take some pictures of it before I straightened it out!
Regards, Rod

Roddy JB

Posts: 1382 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009