Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Jaeger Le Coultre Info "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
I seem to end up with several clocks in my dealings and dread selling them on the internet because of the shipping situation. My question is what do others think of this clock.
Jaeger LeCoultre
I actually have one of these on my self and if it is worth that much I guess I need to list it. Mine even has an original Repair notes Flyer that comes with the clock. Mine according to the paperwork is actually a Atmos VI Caliber # 528 ANy info is appreciated. I might need to start clearing out my clocks.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Robert,
I think the one in the link you show is a limited edition anniversary model. They made several different limited ones, the #0956 is not the clock serial number, but the number that clock is in the edition. The clock serial number is on the top next to the speed adjustment. I believe that one was from the 1980s or so. There is another similar one (with a solid dial), and a domed model, but I don't have my Atmos book handy that shows the difference. I think one was a replica of the first model Atmos. They can't really be compared to the other more common models that you normally see on ebay. There are a lot of different models other than the common brass and glass carriage style you normally see, and they usually bring a lot more. There is a Neuchatel wood case model with a matching wall shelf that usually brings a large price. I think in the current line from Atmos, there is another wall mount clock, that lists for about $18,000 (if I remember right). I have never seen a picture of it.

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Thanks Andy I actually did a search for completed auctions today and seen where models like mine were going for an average of $5-600.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Here is Jaeger LeCoultre's website: http://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/ Check out the special limited models they make, especially the "Mysterieuse" and "Regulateur Transparente". Here is a link showing the Mysterieuse: http://hifishack.com/atmos_mysterieuse.htm Here is another model limited to 50: http://www.timezone.com/library/news/news631800655112343750

Is it too early to make a Christmas wants list? Big Grin

Andy, drooling over that Transparent Regulator!

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002