Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Clock case questions... "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
Does anyone have an opinion on what movement may have come in this case. I am waiting for the owner to give me the dimensions and will post them here when I get them.

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
picture 2

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
nice case,I can't read all the inscription but very neat

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hey Jim, this is very interesting.

Like Tom I cannot see all of the stampings, but I believe I see "D. G. ZAHN" (or something like that Roll Eyes) "Jeweler" in "Hastings, Nebraska" there in addition to the "Watch Examiner, B&M R.R." shown in your close-up. Please fill in those blanks along with dimensions. This is something for us to be sure it is not only saved but saved properly.

Nice item!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
It could be Zinn of Zinn’s jewelers. Been in business in Hastings since the early 1900’s.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006