Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can the procelain clock dials be redone? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
Hello again, I was wondering if the procelain dials on clocks can be redone any easy way? The clock that I'm interested in fixing is a double sunk dial, the outside dial is good but the center insert is all cracked and chipped. Do they make a product that I can order and chip all the old out and replace with the new? It is an off white color. Any suggestions other than sending it out somewhere for an expensive redial? Thanks......Sam

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003
posted
I think Proclocks has replacement porcelain dials, I think I saw some on their table at the Lexington Regional Mart. They may be able to supply just the center portion.

www.proclocks.com

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Sam,
there are people who do amazing repairs on porcelain. I think I have seen ads in the Mart.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
Many thanks for everyone's help. I will be checking tomorrow.

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003