Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can anyone give me an idea on value?? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
I acquired a couple of clocks from a relative and I was wondering if I could get some idea of value. I will be selling them so if anyone is interested in any of them please feel free to email me.
The first one is a Gustav Becker Gran Sonnaire.

Posts: 174 | Location: La Quinta, California USA | Registered: February 25, 2004
Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
Here is the back of the movement.

Posts: 174 | Location: La Quinta, California USA | Registered: February 25, 2004
Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
The Dial

Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
The next one is a Heanra Grandfather Clock c1900?
It has Westminster chimes and chimes every quarter.

Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
the dial for the grandfather

Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
The movement for the grandfather

Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
The Weights

Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
Last is a Berliner FMS wall clock c1880?

Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
Last is a Berliner FMS dial

Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
Last is a Berliner FMS movement

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Frank, those are beautiful clocks. Unfortunately German clock pricing is something I know very little about. OK German clock collectors! Let's hear from you!

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
Ich zink za arc valuless...Ich offec funzain dollar for zem all!!! Big Grin

Beautiful clocks...thanks for sharing, i have idea of the value, but look forward to learning a bit about them from other members.

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
posted
The 3 wt is missing some brass case decoration, the shadows of which can be seen as spandrels surrounding the dial glass, and along the lower glass at the sides. This brings the value down a bit from ~$2,500 to probably $1,800-2,000 in my estimation.

The 1/4 chiming box floor clock is a little bit unusual, most from the era being hour & 1/2 hour strike only. That probably adds a bit of value. I would guess ~2,000-2,500. I would also be interested in hearing what other collectors think.

I really like the free swinger with lower gallery. This one I know less about, but would hazard a guess at $350-500.

Good luck on your sale!

Posts: 179 | Location: Charlotte, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2004
posted
Hi Frank,
The only clock there I have any experience with is the Gustav Becker, but I've never seen a Grand Sonnerie before.
I have two similar Gustav wall clocks both with enamel dials, but they're two train / weight movements with gong strikes, also later than yours looking at the serial number(mine are 1904 & 1906).
I've been looking for my Gustav date guides but can't find it, and the BHI Gustav link seems to be down, so can't offer an idea of age better than last quarter of 1800.

Gustav 2 train clocks like mine generally fetch between £700 & £1100 GBP in the UK depending upon condition. I would expect yours due to its age and extra train etc to realise quite a bit more, it most likely would in the UK, don't know about the USA market.

It's a 'pay to view' site, but the following may site help with valuations!(the Gustav Becker serial number link to the BHI is also dead on this site BTW!)

http://www.antiqueclockspriceguide.com/

Good luck!
Best regards
John Woolsey

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
Hello Everyone,

Just an update the floor clock sold. It was in a friend of mine's shop and a lady came in and fell in love with it and offered $6000.00 for it. Eek How could I refuse she said she had to have it. Smile

Anyone have any interest in the others?