Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

FYI - Continental Bllinking Eye Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Did you know, in good condition, a Continental Blinking Eye Clock by Bradley & Hubbard Manufacturing Company is valued at between $4,000 - $4,500 in today's market?

Got a picture for reference this time folks! Big Grin

For more information, check out this site.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/roadshow/series/highlights/2002/boston/boston2.html

Do you have a continental blinking eye clock in your collection? Confused Does anyone have any antique blinking eye clocks in their collecton? Confused Share your story and pics!

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Stephanie,
I don't have one in my collection. I have seen a few, just could never find a one to one correspondence beetween bucks asked for and bucks available.

There are MANY reproductions of the blinking eye clocks out there. Caution must be used before purchase.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...have wanted one for some time now...and have seen many repros along the way...as Tom implies it's important that one check for fresh paint when you come across one...however, the 'blinkers' have a lower priority for me than my current pining for, and interest in, Ansonia/Gilbert porcelains...Jim C

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
posted
I have had several of them including the one you have pictured, the Lion and the Dog. With these clocks like mechanical banks and toys, original paint is everything.

William Mittelstadt

Posts: 94 | Location: Sheboygan, Wisconsin USA | Registered: August 24, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
there's two places in the Continental US that I wanted to go and send a postcard from: one was Macon Georgia (done that!) and the other is Sheybogan MI (haven't done that)...welcome!!!...Jim C

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...sorry William...had my Cheboygan and Sheboygans
mixed!!!still would like to send a postcard from Sheboygan WI...Jim C

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
William,

Let me follow Jim in a hearty WELCOME to Internet Horology Chapter 185, the family-friendly home for horology. Make yourself at home and consider joining us as a full-fledged member. I think you'll agree it's the best twelve bucks you'll ever spend.

Warmest Wishes,

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
William could you posst some pictures of the blinking eye clocks in the Photo Gallery? Some have not seen them, and it would be good for people to see the real things!!!

This is Tom Seymour welcoming William Mittelstadt to the IHC. Wink

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
I sold the blinkers I had a few years ago. In fact I had three of the lion blinkers, sold one to Greg Zemenick, one to Stan Sax and the third I forget where it went. Greg Zemenick has a web site called---drzzeezzi.com He has the lion blinker listed under "folk art" That is the only picture I can referance because I don't have a scanner to copy pictures of the others I had. Good Blinkers are very scarce. I had 30 some mechanical banks which I sold when I sold the blinkers. They all went when I went into my own business about 1985 because I had to raise cash to start, boy I miss some of the neat stuff I sold back then

William Mittelstadt

Posts: 94 | Location: Sheboygan, Wisconsin USA | Registered: August 24, 2003
IHC Member 43
posted
These blinking eye clocks are being reproduced in China, so watch what you are buying, they are seen on ebay quite frequently

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
William,
Those must have been hard to part with.

Maybe we can get a few owners to post some pictures.

Thanks for your comments on this thread, looking forward to future posts.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Thanks to Tom S, Jim C, William,& Curly for your response.

Hope everyone enjoyed seeing a pic and reading about an interesting as well as unique clock,the Continental Blinking Eye Clock. If anyone has any pics to post of any Blinking Eye Clocks or more information to share, please do. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003