• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth-Thomas #41 Movements - Differences "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have two S-T short-drop octagons both with what I assume are #41 movements. Only they are marked with the 9 1/2 for the drop measurement on the LLH corner of the front frame. I also have two other movements, one being a #41A with a 38 tooth escape wheel, and the other a #41S with a 47 tooth EW. It appears the 4 mounting lugs of the assumed #41 (w/ 9 1/2" drop) are the same as that of the #41S. Without going through and counting the teeth on all the gears, I'm thinking other than the EW differences, the other gears are the same, so if I changed the 47 tooth EW to the 38 tooth type, wouldn't the improvised 41S work as a replacement movement for either of my two clocks? The #41A movement with the 38 tooth EW appears to also have similar gears, but the 4 mounting lugs are positioned differently. I was told that the 41A would replace a #41 movement, but the pendulum wire that came with it has the loop at the lower end for a longer wooden pendulum. I'm looking for assistance in the differences of the S-T movements and understand the verge assembly would have to match the specific EW. Here is a pic of the of the #41 clock movement. Other pics will follow of it and the #41A & 41S movements. Any help is appreciated!

Clock w/ #41 Movement

Posts: 8 | Location: Lewis, Kansas in the USA | Registered: July 09, 2012
posted
Additional pics of movements.

posted
#41A & #41S movement pics.