• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Info wanted on blinking eye clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was at a antique fair today and saw a blinking eye clock for cheap took a chance and got it even if it's a fake it's what they sell for.It's made out of cast iron,flat head screws,when you open the cover to wind it does have that musty smell old stuff all ways has.The dial has that yellow aged look.Any one good at telling a real one.I do got some one I know that has a clock shop in town I guess I will take it there the movement will tell.I will post a photo of it when I have time.Another thing it does not have a regulator on the dial I have seen those on the one's made around 1870's some one at the antique fair said it mite be from around 1900 so may be a differnt movement in the later years?

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Here are a few photo's.

I tell you this clock was heavy had to carry it all around the antique fair for a few hour's it weigh's a ton.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
All you need on fake's and I guess I got one.Here is some info.
http://reviews.ebay.com/Fake-b...idZ10000000001595001

posted
I guess they call this model the John Bull but to me I think it looks like Larry of the three stooges.One thing about this clock every thing work those eyes move back and forth.

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Fake or not. If it works and the price was right, so what. I like those blue eyes....ENJOY Big Grin

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007