Tools
Reply to Post

Seth Thomas World 15 Day Movement "Click" to Login or Register 
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Does anybody know where I could find main springs for my Seth Thomas World 15 day movement.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
My first thought - Why do you want to change them?

But, if necessary the dimensions are 10'x3/4x.015.
You might try Timesavers, and you might have to buy a longer spring and shorten it.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1892
posted
Hi Larry: I agree with Dave in that Timesavers would be a good choice. I was going to replace the springs in my 30 day ST a few years ago. At that time TS had the correct springs and where very helpful, However when I had it tore down I found it had the original ST springs still intact. Even though it does not run for the full 30 days I chose to keep the original springs (Just wind it every 2 weeks Smile), John

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Thank you for the advice I will try Time Savers

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
I have a 15 day with original springs and it will run about 18 - 20 days.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011