Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pub Sign Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
My Dad bought this off the Brewpub for me..for my birthday..Because I was married there and we stay at their guest-house yearly...it will go into my bar I don't have...someday Big Grin

It used to hang on the wall beside the fireplace on the main floor of the Pub.

Spinnakers. The link is to the Pub the sign came from Smile

clock

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
Some how, some way which eludes me at the moment...when I saw the words "Pub Sign Clock"...I knew you were involved! Wink

It's a cool clock!

The guy who brought me the "Red Dog" clock...just picked it up. He was thrilled that it was again going to take its place in his behind his bar!

Hope you get "your place" real soon. I'd like to see the photos.

greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
Is Spinnakers the name of the ale or the pub?

greg

I got it now...my internet had something
cross-wise Eek

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
posted
Stephen,
This is a very nice sign! You are very lucky that your father could talk the Brewpub out of this one.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Very cool sign, Stephen. The closest I have is a "Coke" clock that hung in the Checker Bar in downtown Detroit. It was one of those places that the locals knew had the best ground rounds, and other great food at very reasonable prices. Great service and friendly people as well. The original building fell victim to urban renewal. Unfortunately, nothing on the clock indicates where it came from. Yours is great one to have.

Now, about the bar....... I can picture the clock with a model ship on either side......

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello All, I realise this would not be the right place but I could post some pic's of our local pub' signs. Of course there is only the one in this village but there is a lot in the surrounding area. What do you think?,and where should I post them. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...nice memento Stephen!!!every 'hood should have a 'Gastro Brewpub' like Spinnakers...am reminded that I must, one day, get to Canada's largest Pacific Island (since I have already been to the Checker Bar in 'Etroit'... Smile )...

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Post them here in the CAT, Ged. I will be looking forward to seeing them.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002