• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help Identify This Clock Please "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Help with Identification Please! This clock is 19 " in height. Key wound from the rear. No name on dial. It looks like a #26 or 28 size watch. Alabaster body and marble square base. If you turn it up side down on the bottom the name NIRLICH #2 B is cast into the metal. Thanks in advance

Posts: 19 | Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Registered: July 16, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Gordon,
I can't find anything with that name. If you could post a picture of the clock and movement it would help narrow down a date and origin.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Sorry lost attached pic. Pic was too large.

Posts: 19 | Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Registered: July 16, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Gordon,
If you would email me the picture I will try to resize it for you.

tomrsey@comcast.net

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Here is the picture that Gordon sent.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Gordon, that is a very beautiful clock. It is not of the type that I collect, so I can't help much with identification, but hoepfully, with the picture, someone of our members will have the infor you need.

Tom

posted
Gordon, are there any markings on the back of the movement? Anything at all could help.
Mike C.

Posts: 152 | Location: Telford, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 21, 2005
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello Again, My money is on FRENCH, I have over the years had one or two very similar. Nice clock, Well made movements in them. The cases sell them, as the movements are very much alike in all the ones Iv'e seen. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
posted
Thanks Tom. Your help is much appreciated. and thanks to all that looked and made comments. A clock repairman that tried to evaluate this clock 2 years ago advised me that there are no marks on the movement and recomended that I do not remove the movement for pics. ( some concern about the escapement)