WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Kienzle Clock??? Need Help With History & ID-Nice Looking Clock? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
Need some help with the ID of this clock. Said this was a Kienzle Clock and dated 1840. Is this a common clock? Looks nice to me. Advice and help appreciated. Thanks.
PS-Value an added option?

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
More pics-What do you think is the story with the case?

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
Picture of Gary Morgret
posted
Hi Mark
I would go with 1940's long before 1840's. This style is quite common. BUT I would have to say it looks like it was in a wedding at some time. (marrage of a case and movement) It sure looks like somethings not right there with the movement seat board and those long screws hanging there. Also the extra holes in the backboard shows that something was mounted there at one time but now its gone.
I'm sure others will "chime" in.
I have seen these style clocks (correct) for sale in the $200 area. What did they want for it?

Gary

Posts: 141 | Location: Northwest Ohio in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2003
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
I agree with Gary... but with respect...I would date it a little earlier: 1910-30.

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003