Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Right OR Wrong, I Bought IT. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hey Look What I bought, At this price I cant loose much. I can't wait to see if it's worth getting it going again. Ebay #8939604644.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8939604644

Regards, Ged. PS It's called a Gravity Clock.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Ged,
Congratulations! What a GREAT buy!

I've seen these before, and they are wonderful when complete. I can't wait to hear what's included in the buy. Hope it's all there and that it actually works!
Let us know OK?

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

So how does it work?

Confused

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Lin, In the only one Iv'e seen there's a set of gear teeth in one column and you lift the clock to the top and as it descends by gravity it drives the movement, When I saw it for sale I had to bid on it. I was prepared to go a tad higher. Regards, Ged. PS, I hope it's all there.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I was facinated by gravity clocks a while back, and hunted them to see what they were like. Interesting to say the least.
These's another one on ebay, and it's the one that is on a fancy "slanted" wooden foundation, that slowly goes down the wood, and keeps the dial in the right postion all the time. You have to put the clock back on top instead of winding it!!! Cool! Check it out.

There was another one that's a completed auction now, and you don't see them often anymore.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MYSTERY-ROLLING-CLOCK-YOU-NEVER-WIN...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Great buy Ged! That should be a fun project. I don't have one of those. Take some pictures of the main engine room when you get it.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Well I am a gambler, Can't win all the time. Some parts missing,so I'm afraid it may never run again. I have a friend over in Idaho who has one of these, After speaking to him I may send it to the US for him to see whats gone walkabout, Regards, Ged.