Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Vienna Regulator "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...just off the bench after an overhaul is this my recently acquired 56" Vienna regulator...just love it and it passed it's 'time-check' with quartz accuracy...am curious tho' as to what is known of the maker 'A. Willmann & Co'...from my research to date, believe it was made in the late 19thC but know little else about the maker save that the company was assumed by the Becker Group at the turn of that century...

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...here is the hallmark on the back plate...

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...and the spur-like 'motor' mount/gong...any comment much appreciated...

posted
Jim, sorry I can't add any info concerning the maker of your clock, but will say its a very nice looking addition. I have a couple Viennas and eventhough I have limited knowledge about them, I like them and they seem to be good timekeepers and like yours, look great on the wall.

Derek

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Nice clock Jim. I don't have any references on German clocks, but I will see what I can find out.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002