Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help identifying this clock "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
My Brother-in-law has this clock he would like to know something about. It is about six inches tall, by maybe 3 in wide. Key wind, and key set. Beveled glass all around with a door on back allowing access to wind and set. The escapement is on the top and visible. Clock is made of brass with no visible brand, or grade.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
More photos

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
still more

IHC Member 1016
posted
The face

IHC Member 1016
posted
More yet

IHC Member 1016
posted
Final photo. Thanks in advance for any help.

posted
GREETINGS MIKE, YOUR CLOCK IS A FRENCH CARRIAGE CLOCK, THE TAB AND ADJUSTING SCREW SORT OF DATES THE CLOCK TO NO LATER THAN 1890. THE TAB ON THE BACK PLATE WITH THE SMALL ADJUSTING SCREW IS THERE TO ADJUST THE DEPTH OF THE CONTRATE WHEEL AS IT MATES WITH THE ESCAPEWHEEL PINION. THE DEPTHING OF THOSE 2 PARTS IS VERY CRITICAL TO THE CORRECT OPERATION OF THE CLOCK. YOUR CLOCK IS VERY COLLECTABLE AND NO DOUBT A SHOP CLOCK RATHER THAN A PRODUCTION CLOCK. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
IHC Member 1016
posted
Thanks Eddie, Any idea as to the value for such a clock? And, what is "shop clock" vs production clock? I have no idea if he wants to sell it, but he was talking about maybe getting it repaired as it currently does not run. If it is a high value item we may want recommendations on repairman!

posted
GREETINGS MICHAEL, THE APPROX. WORTH OF THE CLOCK IS 375.00 495.00. I REPAIR CARRIAGE CLOCKS BUT THERE MAY BE SOMEONE CLOSER HE WOULD RATHER HAVE REPAIR IT. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PRODUCTION CLOCK AND A SHOP CLOCK IS A SHOP CLOCK IS PRODUCED IN A SMALL SHOP OR ATTLIER AND EACH INDIVIDUAL PART RECIEVES THE ATTENTION OF 1 CRAFTSMAN FROM START TO FINISH INCLUDEING THE MAKEING OF ALL THE MOVEMENT PARTS. MY EMAIL ADRESS IS: hinesclocks@hotmail.com IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME BY PHONE SEND ME AN EMAIL AND I WILL EMAIL MY PH.#. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008