Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Who made this clock "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I bought this clock today and was wanting to know who made it..I like the shape of the clock case also like the westminster chimes .it chimes the hours and quater hours..I only gave a few dollars for it,, not knowing much about clocks wasn,t sure how much to pay so i made a very cheap offer and now it,s mine

A freind of mine runs a antique-junk store and got this one along with several others at a estate sale.He has another one i may buy it is a seth thomas with sonora chimes or chime on the dial i like the sound it makes ,really pretty music.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
pic. 2

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
pic3

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
the key that was with the clock seems to match what is on the dial

posted
Hi Sammie,
Not sure about this clock but the Seth Thomas Sonora chime clocks are highly sought after. They came with bells and rod gongs. The ones with bells are the most favored.
This clock looks nice. I think the clock Monster has a firm grip on you now.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
posted
Hi Sammie, nice clock, i would say german made by what i saw written on the key and the style of the clock.
Nice clock.Hope you get the Sonora.

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Joseph i belive your right the clocks are calling and i don,t know to say no..I have already bought 6 when i came in with this one the wife just grinned and said where in the world are you going to put it.. Smile