WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Info/Rare About French Bronze/Porcelain by Brunfaut Clock???? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
Anyone have any information/history/ and especially value about this elaborate clock? Kind of new to this style. Anything would be appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
posted
Mark, I had just posted a reply to your question on the green board. I have a French Maistre statue clock on an alabaster base. It is no where close to this elabrate clock. In doing research on my clock I found out Brunfaut is the caster of the case. On the ones I found on the net, the movements were made by high-end French makers as Japy Freres and S. Marti et Cie. My clock has Brunfaut stamped on the case. The movement is not marked, but the typical French tin can type.

I only found a few on the net, so I would think they were rare here, but may be more plentiful in Europe.

Here is one similar.

HTH,

Marilyn

Posts: 17 | Location: Liberty, Mississippi U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2004
posted
Appreciate the reply and info. Do you have any idea on range of dollar value of this piece? Appreciated.

posted
Mark, I did not find any examples comparable to the one you posted. The one on the Dragon Antique site was the closest but did not give a price. They gave an email address for questions where you could ask the price. Is this a garniture set as Michael asked on the green board? I had thought it might be, but could not be sure from the picture. If so, the one you showed would certainly be much more having all three pieces. That type of clock was usually made as a garniture.

It is certainly a beautiful clock and I'm sure has great value.

Marilyn

Posts: 17 | Location: Liberty, Mississippi U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2004
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
**** Again, I had something similar a couple of years ago, It had a Good quality MARTI movement, The 3 Pieces were under Rare Square base glass domes on Gold Leaf wood bases. I had to part with it because the Tax man called one day. I was paid £3000 for it by a dealer who told me it would be half that without the Glass Domes. You can tell if it should be under Domes if the clock has no bezel with glas in of it's own. Regards, Ged. PS if I can find a pic' some time I'll post it.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
posted
Ged, I would love to see a picture of that one.

Marilyn

posted
Is this piece worth at least $1200?

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
YES. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I would think a LOT MORE than $1200!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
If you are buying, I think that would be a steal. If selling, I agree with Sheila, much more if in perfect condition and clock is working. That is just my opinion as I have nothing factual to base it on.

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Mark,
I don't know a lot about these, however I was searching ebay for these for my sister lately and boy were they high, and they did not hold a candle to yours. The ones I have seen that were not even close to yours were selling for over $3800.00 and they sold too!
Yours is a beauty, and I would personally do a lot more research before I purchased or sold this one. If for sale, use Marilyns advice, condition, and working? yes? then BUY IT!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004