Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Colored Chelsea Clock Dial Identification Needed "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted

This interesting clock, from the early 1950's, was posted on the Military forum by Mike. Although I think it's a military clock, it could be civilian.

Either way, I would like to expanded the search to this forum to see if anyone might have some information to share with us.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
I always thought these were pretty neat. The story I heard is that these were Message Center clocks and that the different colors refer to particular codes which were regularly rotated. That would be a rather innocent ploy today but, hey, what a cool looking clock! I would like to know if this is true.
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
It does appear somewhat similar to a message center clock, but more...60's color tone. It could have been a great new way to play the game of "TWISTER". Smile Seriously, I would contact the Chelsea factory and provide the serial number to them. They still maintain the old register books on sales etc.

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005