Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help With International Time Recording Co. Clock? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
Just picked up this clock. I know history of clock. Wondering the value and if there is anything missing from clock. Was there a base to this? What is the silver tray near the level at the bottom left of clock? Any idea on age? Also I do not have a key to wind. Anyone know size of key? I do have original pendulum. There is a hook on the back-was this a hanging clock. Lastly where can I get info on this clock. Advice and help appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Mark,
Most time recorder clocks had a mechanism on the bottom for the recording of times that workers came and went. This portion has been removed from many of the clocks that hit the marts and antique shops today.

HERE is one place to look for information.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks, didn't think of going there. Is this a "rare" piece?

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Time recorders show up fairly frequetly. What separates them is condition. Many are not complete. That is, they are missing the labels, or the glass is not original, or the lettering is removed from the glass or the time recording devise has been removed.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
I am attaching pictures of movement. Question-The minute hand does not move. Is there a special way of setting the time with this clock or is it a problem with the movement? Thanks.