• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Russian Sub Clock? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Would anyone have more info on this clock?

Mike Nardick
NAWCC # 144409
IHC #185 Charter Member # 026
Allegheny Chapter # 37
mikena32@attbi.com

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Mike,
These clocks are Russian made and are very good quality. I have a couple of them, although I can't find the paperwork that describes them. I think they are 25-26 jewels,8 day winding capacity, with a hinged glass door that opens with the same key that winds it. The door has a real heavy duty rubber seal that will probably keep our heavy moisture but I doubt if it is really waterproof. The case is very heavy duty and can be mounted to a wall with a bakelite type frame. A friend of mine says that he used to see them advertised in the airline magazines years ago for about $125 but I dont really know what their present value is. I will email you when I find my copy of the paperwork on this item.
Regards,
Phil

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Member #140

posted
Mike,
Here is a link with all the information that you are looking for.
Regards,
Phil

http://www.russianartmall.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAM&Product_Code=SC&Category_Code=VOS-SHP

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Member #140

posted
I think some them are products of the Vostock establishment; the one I have has what looks like a stylized Cyrllic script B which transliterates into Roman V, I believe. This one has a platform escapement, like a carriage clock.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Looks like a really heavy duty instrument, one tough clock at what appears as a bargain price.

Beautiful design. What are the dimensions Mike?

Lindell V. Riddle, Interim President
NAWCC Internet Horology Chapter

NAWCC Life Member# 253-150074
Member of Chapters 10, 28, 37 and 174
Proud Charter Member# 003 of the NAWCC-IHC

nawcc-ihc@adelphia.net

Phone: (440) 461-0167

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Lindell,
My Sub Clock is 8 .5" X 4.5" weighs 6.5 lb's
It has the plastic backing for hanging.
I've had it for a long time, and can't find the key roll eyes

Phil & John, Thanks for the info.........

Mike Nardick
NAWCC # 144409
IHC #185 Charter Member # 026
Allegheny Chapter # 37
mikena32@attbi.com

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
The keys for these Russian clocks are substantial, and appear to be all steel, the wings are 70-71mm wide and 1.5-2mm thick giving plenty of leverage for turning the winding arbor. No wimpy brass bargain keys here.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002