• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

quartz anniversary clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have this clock that recently i got a good price on.I have seen these go for well over 100 canadian here.
It keeps great time, only problem the weights at the bottom dont rotate.
I don,t know if there is something broke or worn, or maybe a adjustment needs to be made.
Any thoughts? Smile

posted
Some of the quartz anniversary clocks have a separate movement in the base to rotate the false pendulum. Replacements are available from S.LaRose I think. I have one with Elgin on the dial and the separate movement for the pendulum is bad, but the time movement is ok. I found this one at a Salvation Army thrift store and bought it for the glass dome.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
It does not appear it had a movement in the base, seems like a decent clock ,made in germany, i was thinking maybe there was a spring to make this have perpetual motion.I will have a look at it in time, i saw a Bulova today in a watch- clock store same type of clock for 75 dollars. quartz, i am not sure of quality , probaly comparable to other names.
I personally would like a mechanical clock of this type that i have seen that stand about 18 ins tall.
I did see a 1000 day clock of this type and did not buy it as i don,t know how to repair these.

posted
Well i took the back of the movement cover off today.It has a arrangement of plastic gears running from the minute wheel.As it ticks it winds this cog arrangement until it is on the last tooth of a rack then it pushes the shaft attached to the weights by a pinion.I am not sure what i did i moved the gear on the pinion to the opposite side and installed the back on, i could hear the gears meshing so i figures it was ok.The weights have been moving since for about 3 hours.The clock is made by S.Haller, in Germany.
I am quite pleased with my sucess as i thought maybe i got a bad deal for 20 bucks, turns out it was very good.