Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Montgomery clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
This is a picture I borrowed off ebay. They said it was made by Montgomery Clock co, in Owensville, IN. They apparently are still in business. Does anyone have any information on this clock or the company? I don't know if you can see it or not, but the dial is engine turned metal. A local antique shop has one of these (display only) that came out of an old hotel. I always thought the clock had been alterred, since the pendulum looks small and too short for the case, and the engine turned dial looks out of place. Now this one looks almost exactly the same. The one at the antique shop has a 110 volt light in the base, shining up in the clock. This one on ebay has lights on the front of the base for some reason. They said in the description that it had something to do with the vault possibly. Do you think this was actually made by Montgomery or just sold by them? They are listed currently as a clock manufacturing company, and retail clock sales. I might drive there just to see what they do now, only about 30 miles away.

Andy

Montgomery bank clock

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002