Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

RE: Date for Jacot Carriage Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi All,

Is there someone out there that could date this 8 day Henri Jacot Carriage clock, for me please, movement serial# 11575 ?

Regards to All,
Bila

Posts: 2262 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Back Plate

IHC Member 1555
posted
Escapement

IHC Member 1555
posted
Right Side Movement View

IHC Member 1555
posted
Left Side Movement View

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
It's a fine looking clock!
You might try this site:
http://www.onlinegalleries.com...ocks/carriage-clocks

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
I can not believe the price of some of these Dave, I purchased this one at a boot sale for $30, thanks for the link, looks like it is called a Corniche Cased Striking Carriage Clock. The one thats very similar in the link that you gave me is identical except the button on top to stop the chime, as it does not have one and mine does. The production date should be around 1896, as they are only 364 apart in the serial numbers, thats if the runs were sequentially done.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I have had many carriage clocks and most with a button on top were repeaters , and the button tripped the repeat mechanism Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks Tom, I think you are right, I have not had a close look at the mechanism but I went back into the link Dave gave me and yes, further down in the description it does talk about the button for the repeater mechanism. So I would say this is a repeater model.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
A pretty spectacular clock find from a top drawer maker,talk about falling into it and coming out smelling like a rose LOL Eek Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Tom,
You got that right. My yard sale find was a $10 Seth 103A shelf clock, and it's about worth $10!! Roll Eyes

Now I'm looking for a nice carriage clock.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011