Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth Thomas Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
I have had this clock for awhile and just finished fixing her. Can any of you help with dating it for me. I have looked in my limited collection of books and cant find one thats close.
Thanks for any help

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
close up of markings

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
clock paper

Bruce Byrd

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Back of movement

Bruce Byrd

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
clock

Bruce Byrd

posted
Bruce, Tran Duy Ly shows that clock and movement as simply "Column" dated 1863. Really nice looking clock! Middle of the Civil War! Mike

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Thanks Mike!

Bruce Byrd

posted
The movement is referred to as a "LYRE' movement due to it's shape.Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Nice looking clock. Case looks like its in great condition. Its nice that its an 8 day also.
This # 42 is as near as I could come to your movement. Yours has winding stops where the other doesn't but its similar and you didn't have the pendulum on yet.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007